JBullet is Java port of Bullet Physics Library
(under ZLIB license).
Currently it features most of Bullet 2.72 base features. Some features are still missing though.
- 100% pure Java port, native libraries are used only for OpenGL access in demos
- ported most of Bullet 2.72 base features
- supported shapes: static plane, box, sphere, capsule, cylinder, cone, convex hull, compound shape, static and moving triangle mesh,
uniform scaling shape
- supported joints: generic 6-DOF, cone twist, hinge, point2point, slider
- vehicle support
- distributed under ZLIB license
(same as original Bullet)
- software OpenGL-like renderer in applet demo
- uses JStackAlloc for stack allocation of value objects
|Generic Joint Demo:
|Static Concave Mesh Demo:
|Dynamic Control Demo:
|Moving Concave Mesh Demo:
|Fork Lift Demo:
Notes: requires Java 5.0, needs permissions for OpenGL rendering
Run applet demo
You can browse JavaDoc documentation here.
For general usage and tips, see:
Latest version: jbullet-20101010.zip (based on Bullet 2.72)
Older versions: download/
If you wish to discuss about it, use either of these forum threads:
Thread on JavaGaming forums
- use when the theme is general about JBullet or Java related
Thread on official Bullet forums
- use when you want to discuss about Bullet library itself
You can also contact me directly on IRC (FreeNode) or Skype, my nick is
in both cases.